cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Pranav Saxena <pranav.sax...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: How to change the VM gateway in CloudStack UI?
Date Tue, 25 Dec 2012 12:47:59 GMT
I also think it  seems like a VLAN configuration issue in physical switch, the switch might
be dropping the  VLAN packet .  Perhaps the port might need to be configured as VLAN trunk.
 You can check the Vlans created by cloudstack by executing -

#Xe vlan-list

-----Original Message-----
From: Venkata SwamyBabu Budumuru [mailto:venkataswamybabu.budumuru@citrix.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 25, 2012 6:11 PM
To: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: How to change the VM gateway in CloudStack UI?

There is no way in the UI to change the gateway of a VM. AFAIK, you have only the following
options
(1)  create a new network and use (OR)
(2)  hack the db tables like vlan / networks depends on the GUEST_Type (OR)
(3)  change the dnsmasq configurations for the VM in question

(2.) and (3.) are not recommended unless you are clear about these changes and its impact
on your network entities.