cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Likitha Shetty <likitha.she...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: db table name prefixed with op_
Date Mon, 31 Dec 2012 13:17:06 GMT
Thanks Sowmya. It's helpful.
Yes, even in my setup I do notice some tables contain entries for all resources and not just
the transient ones.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sowmya Krishnan [mailto:sowmya.krishnan@citrix.com]
Sent: Monday, December 31, 2012 6:37 PM
To: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: db table name prefixed with op_

I find the following in https://cwiki.apache.org/CLOUDSTACK/coding-conventions.html
"Tables intended for operational purposes, usually transient data should be prefixed with
op_ (e.g., op_lock)"

For ex: During rebalancing of hosts between the management servers, I've found intermediate
data in op_host_transfer table until the rebalance completes.
But I am not sure if this convention holds good for all the op_* tables. For ex: I find all
my networks in op_networks table and all ip addresses allocated in op_dc_ip_address_alloc..
Can someone throw more light into this?

Thanks,
Sowmya