cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Nik Martin <nik.mar...@nfinausa.com>
Subject Re: Storage Allocation Error
Date Sun, 02 Dec 2012 15:27:42 GMT
On 12/01/2012 01:19 AM, Nitin Mehta wrote:
> Nik - both the explanation do not seem completely coherent to me. Can you please try
this again and paste the snippet of logs with the issue (grep for job id like here "job-110")
?
> Make sure you are using a disk offering with shared storage type for creating your data
disk

This appears to be something on the management server.  This i a brand
new re-install of cloudstack on the management server.  The storage
volume was made up of mostly NULL columns in the storage_volumes table.
  I deleted it from the table directory.  It seems that frequently
commands are failing the first time, and if I re-run it, it works.  I
just tried to create a VM from an ISO, and it failed with this error:

2012-12-02 09:16:58,658 INFO  [api.commands.DeployVMCmd]
(Job-Executor-6:job-135)
com.cloud.exception.InsufficientServerCapacityException: Unable to
create a deployment for VM[User|i-2-25-VM]Scope=interface
com.cloud.dc.DataCenter; id=1
2012-12-02 09:16:58,659 WARN  [cloud.api.ApiDispatcher]
(Job-Executor-6:job-135) class com.cloud.api.ServerApiException : Unable
to create a deployment for VM[User|i-2-25-VM]

But I ran it again, and it ran fine.  Is there something I should check?
  I have plently of server capacity in every respect: disk, cpu, ram.

Nik