cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From "Mice Xia" <mice_...@tcloudcomputing.com>
Subject RE: Storage overprovision problem
Date Wed, 26 Dec 2012 05:38:19 GMT
Include dev mail group,

If I remember correctly, VMFS does support thin-provisioning for iSCSi, and Cloudstack is
supposed to support storage over provisioning for VMFS,  Could you please file a bug for this?

Regards

Mice

From: 马营 [mailto:breeze7086@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 26, 2012 12:51 PM
To: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Storage overprovision problem

12/12/26 giljae o <ogiljae@gmail.com>

	The storage.overprovisioning.factor is only applied to nfs SR not iscsi SR.

	Regards,

	On Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 12:15 PM, 马营 <breeze7086@gmail.com> wrote:

	My CS environment is CS 4.0 +  ESXi 5.0 + Dell EquallLogic(iscsi)

	When i changed the "storage.overprovisioning.factor" in "Global Settings" to "10"

	 I still found the dashboard resourese page show "Primary Storage Allocated" has no change

	Is there anything wrong in my configuration?Please help me to find this out....

	Thks !

Type

XenServer

ESXi

KVM

Disk Format

VHD

VMDK

QCOW2

Local Storage

support

support

support

NFS

support

support

support

iSCSI

Clustered LVM

VMFS

via SharedMountPoind

FC-SAN

via Existing SR

VMFS

via Shared MountPoint

SharedMountPoint

not support

not support

support

Support Storage Overprovision

NFS

NFS,iSCSI

NFS

This table shows ESXi support storage overprovision with ISCSI..

Is something wrong ?..