cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: BAD System VMs in Ubuntu 12.04
Date Sun, 02 Dec 2012 16:35:23 GMT
Trevor, when you say you completely rebuilt cloudstack, do you mean that by source code? If
you're building using asf master, systemvm.iso won't be built unless you enable the systemvm
profile:
mvn clean install -P systemvm,developer

If not, you can go ahead and destroy the systemvm and retry? The other thing you can do is
use wine or natively, run XenCenter and debug from the console, see if you see any errors
etc.?
Also, after installation (deployment and not developer setup) you need to setup databases
and management server (see docs for scripts names and args).

Regards.
From: Trevor Francis [trevor@46labs.com]
Sent: Sunday, December 02, 2012 8:56 PM
To: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: BAD System VMs in Ubuntu 12.04

I have recently completely rebuilding cloudstack and a kvm hypervisor from scratch to determine
if there is an issue with my system or with the latest Ubuntu cloudstack build.

Currently, cloudstack builds bad systems VMs on Ubuntu 12.04 Hosts and Management server.
The system VM is pingable, but I am getting "Connection Refused" on CPVM and the SSVM will
not respond to ISO uploads.

Plus:

I run a: ssh -i /root/.ssh/id_rsa.cloud -p 3922 root@169.254.3.122<mailto:root@169.254.3.122>
and receive a: Permission denied (public key)

I looked at the mysql database for the keys and compared them against the keys on the hypervisors.
They do not match.

There has to be a problem with the builds, as I have been able to replicate this multiple
times on completely fresh builds.

UB 12.04 on both HV and Cloustack hosts. Running normal apt-get install cloud-agent and cloud-client
respectively.

Help!

Trevor Francis
Partner
46 Labs | PeerEdge Cloud Switch (PeCS)
http://www.46labs.com<http://www.46labs.com/> | http://www.peeredge.net<http://www.peeredge.net/>
720-214-3643- Voice
trevor@46labs.com<mailto:trevor@46labs.com>

Solutions Provider for the Telecom Industry

[cid:image001.jpg@01CD7EB2.A839EF60][cid:image002.jpg@01CD7EB2.A839EF60]