cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Sebastien Goasguen <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: difference between pod and cluster
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2012 08:29:24 GMT
Andrea is right,

CloudStack has three logical constructs to define a data center:
-zones
-pods
-clusters

zones are made of pods
pods are made of clusters.

You then define storage backends. Primary storage is a storage common to a cluster.

Therefore a pod, could have multiple clusters (including clusters of different hypervisors),
and associated primary storage for each cluster.

Hope that helps,

-Sebastien