cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Roland Kool <Roland.K...@tomtom.com>
Subject RE: Host Dead After Restart
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2012 10:07:11 GMT
Hi Trevor,

Reply is a bit late, perhaps you found a solution already. I had the same problem and found
an article about it and a workaround:
http://docs.cloudstack.org/Knowledge_Base/20__KVM_hosts_and_they_can%27t_connect_after_a_cloud-management_restart

Hope that helps.

Best regards,

Roland Kool

________________________________
From: Trevor Francis [trevor@46labs.com]
Sent: Friday, December 07, 2012 7:37 AM
To: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Host Dead After Restart

I performed a cloud-management restart on my management server. After that, all of my hosts
say they are in the "Connecting" state, and I will not leave that state. I have put them into
maintenance…..and then back out…no dice. I have tried rebooting hosts, no dice. Cannot
force-reconnect a host as I am getting an error "Command failed due to Internal Server Error"

Running 4.0.0-incubating.20121024195401

I have 3 primary storage volumes:

NFS
RBD Storage
Share Mountpoint

To get the hosts to respond again, I had to delete them and re-add them. This isn't a solution,
as it would wipe out all of my VMs attached to local storage….not good.

Trevor Francis
Partner
46 Labs | PeerEdge Cloud Switch (PeCS)
http://www.46labs.com<http://www.46labs.com/> | http://www.peeredge.net<http://www.peeredge.net/>
720-214-3643- Voice
trevor@46labs.com<mailto:trevor@46labs.com>

Solutions Provider for the Telecom Industry

[cid:image001.jpg@01CD7EB2.A839EF60][cid:image002.jpg@01CD7EB2.A839EF60]