cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From sebgoa <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CloudStack Installation Query
Date Thu, 27 Dec 2012 13:03:47 GMT
Asmita,

If you are running RHEL 6.3 you should use rpms.

Note that the installation guide sections that you mention deal with building the rpms from
source yourself.

The community is hosting a pre-built rpm repository that you can use directly without having
to build from source.
See: http://incubator.apache.org/cloudstack/downloads.html

-Sebastien

On Dec 27, 2012, at 1:33 PM, Asmita Vagyani wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to install CloudStack 4 on the system.
> I am having RHEL 6.3 system for the CloudStack Management server installation.
>
> I am following standard Installation guide to do so.
> Location -  http://incubator.apache.org/cloudstack/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.0.0-incubating/html/Installation_Guide/index.html
> I am referring to Section 3, 3.5 and 3.6 particularly.
>
> I wanted to confirm if I should perform step in section 3.5 only if my server OS is Ubuntu
and perform steps in section 3.6 if my management server is RHEL server.