cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Nitin Mehta <Nitin.Me...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: Introducing Storage Tags
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2012 11:09:10 GMT
The API call doesn't give that flexibility as well. I think you need to create new compute
service offerings with the tags and upgrade the existing vms to these offerings (but be careful
to tag the storages in the same cluster as currently we won't migrate the vm outside the cluster).
If you want you can then delete the older offerings as well.

Why don't you try this for one of the vms and see how it goes. You can also share your exact
scenario if my answer doesn't satisfy your requirements

On 20-Dec-2012, at 4:09 PM, Pranav Saxena wrote:

> So Storage Tags is a non -editable field in the UI . Once you have created a compute
offering you can't modify the storage tag. I think but you can try using the update service
offering API call (updateServiceOffering ) to edit the update the storage tag . Obviously
you have to be the admin.

> Regards,
> Pranav

GUI I'm not able to add a storage tag to them. Do we really have to recreate all of them or
is there another way of getting the storage tag added to the existing offerings?