cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Clayton Weise <cwe...@iswest.net>
Subject RE: Multiple IP's to one instance
Date Thu, 22 Nov 2012 02:41:06 GMT
> I also argue that what they are asking for really is in conflict of the purpose of a cloud
environment.

I think this depends on the scope of who the cloud owner is.  If the owner is a single organization
then yes, I would agree.  However if the owner is a service provider, than I would disagree.
 I know there are larger things on the table for the ACS crew, so I'm not going to try and
make a judgment call here as to how they should prioritize because that's really more up to
the community at large and what kind of feedback they get from their paying clients (CloudPlatform)
as well.  And that's not something I think either of us have the data to make a decision on.

That being said, I don't know what kind of work is involved in adding a feature like this,
and how much it would actually detract from the future development of ACS.  I know it's something
that has come up in IRC on more than a few occasions and it's not the first time we've seen
it on the mailing list either.  I would also encourage anybody involved in the community with
the skills required to work out a tech spec on this and put something more formal together.
 I think part of the issue has been the fact (as we've seen) that there isn't a solid consensus
on how to even accomplish this, let alone the specific mechanics of how it will work.