cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Clayton Weise <cwe...@iswest.net>
Subject RE: Multiple IP's to one instance
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2012 16:31:25 GMT
That makes sense, however it only works with advanced networking and I believe the original
post to this was to allow multiple IP addresses to be assigned in basic networking mode.

Another alternative with advanced networking in this scenario is to play some games with NAT
(which is what we currently recommend to our customers).  SSL bindings must be unique but
not with IP, just with port & IP.  Our workaround is to have clients bind SSL certs to
unique ports internally and then map 443 on the public address to something like 1443, 1444,
1445, etc on the inside.  I agree, it's a hack as well but it stays within the confines with
what CloudStack permits and has control over.

Another way to handle this in an advanced zone would be to allow the NAT mapping to not only
allow you to tie to a specific instance but perhaps to a free-form field where one can simply
specify the internal address to map to.  So that way even though the virtual router can't
assign multiple IP addresses via DHCP, it gives the user the ability to specify a custom internal
address to map to.  And perhaps in the process, exclude that internal address from the DHCP
pool so it doesn't get assigned to another instance creating a conflict.

-----Original Message-----
From: Facundo Guerrero [mailto:fguerrero@ipaddress.com.ar]
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2012 6:21 AM
To: cloudstack-users
Subject: Re: Multiple IP's to one instance

This is not the most elegant solution but it's works.

In the root home of the virtual router you have all cloudstack scripts.

This are the steps to change it :

mv /root/ipassoc.sh /root/ipassoc_orig.sh

Then i create my own ipassoc.sh and i add this :

#!/bin/bash

cd /root

/bin/bash /root/ipassoc_orig.sh $1 $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 $8 $9

/root/ipassoc_orig.sh -A -l PUBLICIP  -c eth2 -g PublicGATEWAY
/root/firewall.sh -A -l PUBLICIP  -r 10.1.1.2 -d 0:0 -G

/root/ipassoc_orig.sh -A -l XX.XX.XX.XX -c eth2 -g XX.XX.XX.XX
/root/firewall.sh -A -l XX.XX.XX.XX  -r 10.1.1.3 -d 0:0 -G

Then

chmod +x ipassoc.sh

Then i use the firewall of cloudstack panel to open the Ports of this

I hope that you understand this