cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Clayton Weise <cwe...@iswest.net>
Subject RE: XS 6.02 ~ No Graphical Console
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2012 19:17:00 GMT
Part of this is because, if I'm not mistaken, in the template XS uses for Cent/RHEL/etc it
actually has some flags in it that disable a graphical install; however, during the install
you can install X and other graphical utilities that should work once the system comes up
(I've never tested it though because we don't put a GUI on any of our servers).  And as far
as Cent 6.3 compatibility, while it's not on the list it doesn't mean it will break either.
 We had an issue with XS 5.6 that Cent 6 wouldn't install so we worked around the issue by
installing it on XS 6, downloaded the vhd image, and imported it in and everything ran fine.
 I'm not suggested this is a supported way to go, but it's been solid for us so far.

From: Trevor Francis [mailto:trevor.francis@tgrahamcapital.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 7, 2012 6:49 AM
To: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: XS 6.02 ~ No Graphical Console

I am attempting to install Centos 6.3 on on XS 6.02 Hypervisors with all the latest Hotfixes.
I am able to utilize the console, but the default console is text only. I am not given the
option at boot time to perform a graphical install. I have tested this through XenCenter console
and CPVM. I am running CS4.

Thanks,

Trevor Francis
Partner
46 Labs | The PeerEdge Cloud
http://www.46labs.com<http://www.46labs.com/> | http://www.peeredge.net<http://www.peeredge.net/>
405-362-0046 - Voice  | 405-410-4980 - Cell
trevorgfrancis - Skype
trevor@46labs.com<mailto:trevor@46labs.com>

Solutions Provider for the Telecom Industry

[cid:image001.jpg@01CDBCD9.1CF49AD0]<http://www.twitter.com/peeredge> <http://www.twitter.com/peeredge>
[cid:image002.jpg@01CDBCD9.1CF49AD0]