cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Trevor Francis <trevor.fran...@tgrahamcapital.com>
Subject Re: Public Network Slow
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2012 16:08:02 GMT
Strange. It is extremely slow when I do a download using CPVM, but when I ssh into machine....it
is running at native speed. Very strange.

Trevor Francis
Partner
46 Labs | The PeerEdge Cloud
http://www.46labs.com | http://www.peeredge.net
405-362-0046 - Voice  | 405-410-4980 - Cell
trevorgfrancis - Skype
trevor@46labs.com

Solutions Provider for the Telecom Industry

On Nov 9, 2012, at 9:57 AM, Trevor Francis <trevor.francis@tgrahamcapital.com> wrote:

> I have CS4 running with XS 6.02 hosts.
>
> I am running advanced network with network throttling setting set to 2000mb/sec for network
and 1000mb/sec for guests.

> When I do a yum update, from the Cloudstack box (physical machine), which is on the same
VLAN as my public network I get a very fast yum update. When I perform the exactly same update
from any guest VM running the same OS, I get horribly slow download speeds...near 50k/sec
on a 10mb network connection.

> I have 2 guest networks, (private and public). One is a default Isolated network and
the other is a shared network (which allows me to direct assign public IPs to the guests)