cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Caleb Call <calebc...@me.com>
Subject Re: alter resolv.conf nameservers on linux
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2012 04:40:17 GMT
Sorry, yes, setting the global parameter does not work.  The contents of my /etc/resolv.conf
is:

# cat /etc/resolv.conf
; generated by /sbin/dhclient-script
search cs1cloud.internal
nameserver <ip of my vrouter>

I can edit it to what I want it to be, restart the instance and it gets changed back to this.
 This happens across all my zones in all my different Cloudstack environments.  DNS is configured
correctly for them.

The reason for my desire to not use my virtual router is two fold.  First, I have found the
name resolution (forwarding if you will) through the VR to be spotty at best.  To correct
it, I usually have to bounce my VR, it's like it just stops passing traffic.  This is happening
in both of my Cloudstack environments.  Second, running a single nameserver is by no means
acceptable in any environment.  I wouldn't do it in my dev, test, or stage environments let
alone my production environment.  We also specify additional parameters in /etc/resolv.conf
like timeout and we have to be able to specify additional search domains.