cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From "Musayev, Ilya" <imusa...@webmd.net>
Subject RE: Erasing corrupt virtual routers
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2012 22:26:30 GMT
Dave,

Have you tried disabling this zone to address the issue with corrupted system VMs? If I understand
this correctly, the moment zone is disabled - CS wont do any operations on your clusters.
You should be able to delete the disks or whatever else you want to do.

Regards
ilya

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Cundiff [mailto:syshackmin@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2012 5:10 PM
To: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Erasing corrupt virtual routers

I had a a storage server crash which has caused my virtual routers to all have corrupt disks.
The management server appears to just keep trying to boot them over and over.

I just want to wipe them and start over. What would be the best way to do that?

I've already tried using the following

wget 'http://localhost:8096/?command=restartNetwork&id=204&cleanup=1'

However, that just attempts to restart the VM on the same corrupt disk.

I also tried logging into the VM console while booting to repair the errors but its not even
mounting the root filesystem. It appears the only course of action is to build brand new VMs.

I'm running version 4.0.

--
Dave Cundiff
System Administrator