cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Alena Prokharchyk <Alena.Prokharc...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: Question about Network Domains
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2012 03:03:31 GMT
James,

"So if I assign a network domain on an account. It should override all other settings and
a network assigned in a domain's network domain should override the network domain on the
zone, correct?"

It will apply only for the new networks, created after you've assigned networkDomain to account/domain.
All networks created prior to the change, will remain with the zone level network domain (even
if you restart the router).

Were your networks created after you've set networkDomain for account/domain?

-Alena.
From: <Boylan>, James <JAMES.BOYLAN@orbitz.com<mailto:JAMES.BOYLAN@orbitz.com>>
To: "'cloudstack-users@incubator. org'" <cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org<mailto:cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org>>
Subject: RE: Question about Network Domains

So if I assign a network domain on an account. It should override all other settings and a
network assigned in a domain's network domain should override the network domain on the zone,
correct?

Thats what I had thought to be the case. What might cause this behavior not to manifest? I'm
having the network domain that I assigned when creating the zone applied to everything and
nothing I do seems to change this behavior. (I have already restarted the Management, the
Virtual Router and both System VMs)

-- James