cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Alena Prokharchyk <Alena.Prokharc...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: Public Network per Domain or Project
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2012 19:12:01 GMT
Andi,

Sounds like a bug to me; you should be able to assign public Vlan to the project by specifying
the projectId (Long). Could you send the API call you are making?

Thank you,
Alena.

From: <Fuchs>, "Andreas (SwissTXT)" <Andreas.Fuchs@swisstxt.ch<mailto:Andreas.Fuchs@swisstxt.ch>>
To: "'cloudstack-users@incubator. org'" <cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org<mailto:cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org>>
Subject: RE: Public Network per Domain or Project

Anthony

If i understand CS right, a "shared network" is a guest network which can be attached to instances.
What we like to achieve is that we have control over, where the virtual routers are connected
on the public side. So if the user in project X klicks on "Acquire New IP" he get's an IP
from a defined pool in a certain network.

It seems that this would work with account's but it's broken with Projects. From what I see
a virtual Router deployed for a Project is always! connected to the root Public Network.
The API offers the option to enter a project name for a vlan, but this does not work either
or we are doing something wronge here.

Andi