cloudstack-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Ahmad Emneina <Ahmad.Emne...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: First time Cloudstack 4 installation admin login/password incorrect. Installation Document question.
Date Thu, 22 Nov 2012 02:16:21 GMT
Create an account here[1], then file away!

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa

On 11/21/12 6:08 PM, "Ian Jacobs" <ijacobs@csusb.edu> wrote:

>Where do I report the doc bug.  I checked the website but did not find a
>reference on how to do this.
>
>Ian Jacobs
>College of Business and Public Administration
>California State University, San Bernardino
>5500 University Parkway
>San Bernardino, CA 92407
>(909)537-5791 Work
>(909)522-6980 Cell
>(909)537-7026 Fax
>
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: Mathias Mullins [mailto:mathias.mullins@citrix.com]
>Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2012 4:48 PM
>To: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org
>Cc: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org
>Subject: Re: First time Cloudstack 4 installation admin login/password
>incorrect. Installation Document question.
>
>Make sure you open a Doc Bug for the issues your experiencing please.
>Helps all of us in the future.
>
>Thanks,
>Matt
>
>On Nov 21, 2012, at 6:45 PM, "Ian Jacobs" <ijacobs@csusb.edu> wrote:
>
>> I can try, but I am new in this area.  My way of doing the installation
>>may be off.  But here are some of my notes.
>> 
>> 
>> 4.4.1. DEB package repository
>> Use your preferred editor and open (or create)
>>/etc/apt/sources.list.d/cloudstack. Add the community provided
>>repository to the file:
>> 
>> I had issues with this .
>> What seemed to work was
>> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/sources.list
>> 
>> 
>> 4.5.3.1. Downloading vhd-util
>> Before setting up the Management Server, download vhd-util from
>> vhd-util If the Management Server is RHEL or CentOS, copy vhd-util to
>>/usr/lib64/cloud/common/scripts/vm/hypervisor/xenserver.
>> If the Management Server is Ubuntu, copy vhd-util to
>>/usr/lib/cloud/common/scripts/vm/hypervisor/xenserver/vhd-util.
>> 
>> For me( I did not install the Gui apps for Linux) It is helpful to 1.
>> Know I had to create the above path structure,  in my case in Ubuntu.
>> 2. use  Wget http://download.cloud.com.s3.amazonaws.com/tools/vhd-util
>>to get this util into current folder.
>> 
>> 
>> 4.5.5.2. Using the Management Server As the NFS Server My installation
>> of Ubuntu was bare min.
>> Section 3
>> So when I tried, exportfs -a ,  I had issues.  Not installed.  Not sure
>>if this would need documented.
>> sudo apt-get update  (just in case)
>> sudo apt-get install nfs-kernel-server nfs-common portmap Over wrote
>> exports files so I  needed to re-edit for NFS exports.
>> 
>> Section 4 RHEL (current)
>> Edit the /etc/sysconfig/nfs file.
>> # vi /etc/sysconfig/nfs
>> 
>> Section 4 Ubuntu  (missing section)
>> Vi /etc/default/nfs-kernel-server
>> 
>> Section 5  RHEL (Current)
>> Edit the /etc/sysconfig/iptables file.
>> # vi /etc/sysconfig/iptables
>> Add the following lines at the beginning of the INPUT chain where
>><NETWORK> is the network that you'll be using:
>> -A INPUT -s <NETWORK> -m state --state NEW -p udp --dport 111 -j
>> ACCEPT -A INPUT -s <NETWORK> -m state --state NEW -p tcp --dport 111
>> -j ACCEPT -A INPUT -s <NETWORK> -m state --state NEW -p tcp --dport
>> 2049 -j ACCEPT -A INPUT -s <NETWORK> -m state --state NEW -p tcp
>> --dport 32803 -j ACCEPT -A INPUT -s <NETWORK> -m state --state NEW -p
>> udp --dport 32769 -j ACCEPT -A INPUT -s <NETWORK> -m state --state NEW
>> -p tcp --dport 892 -j ACCEPT -A INPUT -s <NETWORK> -m state --state
>> NEW -p udp --dport 892 -j ACCEPT -A INPUT -s <NETWORK> -m state
>> --state NEW -p tcp --dport 875 -j ACCEPT -A INPUT -s <NETWORK> -m
>> state --state NEW -p udp --dport 875 -j ACCEPT -A INPUT -s <NETWORK> -m
>>state --state NEW -p tcp --dport 662 -j ACCEPT
>> -A INPUT -s <NETWORK> -m state --state NEW -p udp --dport 662 -j ACCEPT
>>               
>> 
>> Section 6 RHEL (current)
>> Run the following commands:
>> # service iptables restart
>> # service iptables save
>> 
>> Section 5  Ubuntu  (possible missing section) I found it easier to use
>> iptables this way. I did not use the -s <NETWORK>.  My knowledge to
>>weak in this area.
>> iptables -A INPUT -m state --state NEW -p udp --dport 111 -j ACCEPT
>> For each line below I typed this in with iptables in front and without
>> the <network> part
>> 
>> Add the following lines at the beginning of the INPUT chain where
>><NETWORK> is the network that you'll be using:
>> -A INPUT -s <NETWORK> -m state --state NEW -p udp --dport 111 -j
>> ACCEPT -A INPUT -s <NETWORK> -m state --state NEW -p tcp --dport 111
>> -j ACCEPT -A INPUT -s <NETWORK> -m state --state NEW -p tcp --dport
>> 2049 -j ACCEPT -A INPUT -s <NETWORK> -m state --state NEW -p tcp
>> --dport 32803 -j ACCEPT -A INPUT -s <NETWORK> -m state --state NEW -p
>> udp --dport 32769 -j ACCEPT -A INPUT -s <NETWORK> -m state --state NEW
>> -p tcp --dport 892 -j ACCEPT -A INPUT -s <NETWORK> -m state --state
>> NEW -p udp --dport 892 -j ACCEPT -A INPUT -s <NETWORK> -m state
>> --state NEW -p tcp --dport 875 -j ACCEPT -A INPUT -s <NETWORK> -m
>> state --state NEW -p udp --dport 875 -j ACCEPT -A INPUT -s <NETWORK> -m
>>state --state NEW -p tcp --dport 662 -j ACCEPT
>> -A INPUT -s <NETWORK> -m state --state NEW -p udp --dport 662 -j ACCEPT
>>               
>> 
>> Then used iptables -L to list the current iptables settings.
>> Iptables forgets its settings on a reboot.
>> iptables-save > /etc/network/iptables.up.rules modified the
>> /etc/network/interfaces
>>   iface lo inet loopback
>>     Added this line --       pre-up iptables-restore <
>>/etc/network/iptables.up.rules
>> I referenced this document.
>> http://www.linode.com/wiki/index.php/Configuring_IPtables_on_ubuntu_se
>> rver
>> 
>> Section 6 Ubuntu
>> Below not needed in Ubuntu with above installation.
>> Run the following commands:
>> #  service iptables restart
>> # service iptables save
>> 
>> 
>> This was some of my issues.  My system not fully functional, so my
>>suggestion my wrong.
>> 
>> Ian Jacobs
>> 
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: David Nalley [mailto:david@gnsa.us]
>> Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2012 3:41 PM
>> To: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org
>> Subject: Re: First time Cloudstack 4 installation admin login/password
>>incorrect. Installation Document question.
>> 
>> On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 6:36 PM, Ahmad Emneina
>><Ahmad.Emneina@citrix.com>wrote:
>> 
>>> It would be incredibly valuable if you could file bugs and point out
>>> where the docs are assuming this. Hopefully making the next persons
>>> experience less painful.
>> Even better, we'd welcome help fixing them.
>> The initial install docs especially need that 'beginning user'
>>perspective.
>> 
>> --David
>


-- 
Æ




Mime
View raw message