cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Alena Prokharchyk <Alena.Prokharc...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: Erasing corrupt virtual routers
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2012 22:20:42 GMT
Dave,

 You can try to destroy the routers with destroyRouter API, the VR's volumes should be expunged
immediately. After Vrs are destroyed, restart the corresponding network(s). It should trigger
new VRs creation. Let me know if it works.

Btw, clenaup is defaulted to "true" (if not specified) in restartNetwork call, you don't have
to specify it explicitly. And the command you've mentioned, was supposed to recreate the Vrs;
not sure why it didn't happen on your setup.

-Alena.

From: Dave Cundiff <syshackmin@gmail.com<mailto:syshackmin@gmail.com>>
To: "'cloudstack-users@incubator. org'" <cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org<mailto:cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org>>
Subject: Erasing corrupt virtual routers

I had a a storage server crash which has caused my virtual routers to all
have corrupt disks. The management server appears to just keep trying to
boot them over and over.

I just want to wipe them and start over. What would be the best way to do
that?

I've already tried using the following

wget 'http://localhost:8096/?command=restartNetwork&id=204&cleanup=1'

However, that just attempts to restart the VM on the same corrupt disk.

I also tried logging into the VM console while booting to repair the errors
but its not even mounting the root filesystem. It appears the only course
of action is to build brand new VMs.

I'm running version 4.0.

--
Dave Cundiff