cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Alena Prokharchyk <Alena.Prokharc...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: Public Network and Shared Network Mode
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2012 21:39:40 GMT
You do. System vms – Console proxy and Secondary storage – will have interface in this
network. You'll see public ips allocated for those instances.

-Alena.

From: <Musayev>, Ilya <imusayev@webmd.net<mailto:imusayev@webmd.net>>
To: "'cloudstack-users@incubator. org'" <cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org<mailto:cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org>>
Subject: Public Network and Shared Network Mode

Do I really need a Public Network if I'm using a shared network offering? Reason why I am
asking, is that public network is presented in Add Zone wizard when you choose Advanced Network
setup and there is no way to delete it.. (that I know off).

It would make sense to have Public Network when you use Isolated mode (like AWS), but since
I'm using shared - I see no point. Plus, once I got my Advanced Network Mode to function as
expected, I don't see CS allocating any Public IP addresses, only Guest..

Please confirm,

Thanks