cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From banuka prakash <banu...@gmail.com>
Subject spending 8hrs a day to practice cloud stack!!
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2012 08:47:34 GMT
Hi All:

I'm sitting for 8 to 10 hours on cloudstack to learn and practice.

To create a system template ...............with the following command

(/usr/lib64/cloud/agent/scripts/storage/secondary/cloud-install-sys-tmplt
-m /mnt/secondary -u
http://download.cloud.com/templates/acton/acton-systemvm-02062012.vhd.bz2-h
xenserver )

it is taking 40 minutes to download the template.

Do I need to download the template every time I install cloud stack or

Can I store the template on a separate pendrive and store it in a secondary
storage instead of directly downloading from the net?

My practice goes like this...

1. install the os (CENTOS)

2. install cloud stack / mysql /system template,

3. Adding host etc.

but downloading template ...it is taking much time ...
is there any alternatives please...??

Regards
prakash
9133368284