cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Ivan Rodriguez <ivan...@gmail.com>
Subject cloudstack DataCenter Failover ???
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2012 09:12:19 GMT
Dear Fellows,

We are thinking in the possibility of having cloudstack in 2 different
datacenters, and have some sort of failover datacenter configuration,
imagining that we have  a really low latency link may be less tan 2 ms, and
that we can do synchronous replication of the storage primary and
secondary, may be asynchronous should work to,  I was thinking that we
could replicate the mysql cloudstack config into a master/slave and use may
be HA or some other process, to detect if the primary cloudstack is down
then change our slave to master and let the agents connect to the
management console, after that cloudstack should be able to fired up all
the vm's and since the network will be and exact copy should work in theory
right ?,

Is anybody doing something similar ?

Cheers
Ivan