cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Ivan Rodriguez <ivan...@gmail.com>
Subject Cloudstack on current network infrastructure
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2012 00:35:25 GMT
Hi everyone,

We currently have several vlans in each vlan we have servers providing
several services voice/data/email etc,  we are thinking in consolidate some
of this servers in our cloudstack deployment we currently have one advanced
zone, so when we configure the advanced zone we can setup the vlan range
for the zone,
however for each domain/network the vlanid is automatically assigned by
cloudstack, so I'm wondering if there is a way to bring our current vlan
subnets
into cloudstack, ideally we would like for example to define a domain
"email" with   vlanid 500 and be able to provision  vm's in that domain
that will have
 an ip address inside that vlan,  is this something that we can  do  ???

Our second option, will be perhaps to provision normal domains/vlans with a
completely vlan range for cloudstack, then build a bridge on the os to an
interface
with the vlan tag that we wanna use and present that one to the vm
generate  a template from that vm and start provision vm's like that, I'm
not sure if this option will work.

I'm about to start testing this bit but will be really appreciate if anyone
can give us some tips for this configuration to work.

Thanks
Ivan