cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Ivan Rodriguez <ivan...@gmail.com>
Subject cloudstack 4 create template
Date Sun, 25 Nov 2012 12:09:05 GMT
Hi All,

I've been trying to create a centos template, basically what I do is first
the installation, then change network parameters check that everything is
working then stop
the instance go to volumes and create the template this process will
generate the template but when I try to use it I can see that
cloudstack/kvm is cloning the vm
and therefore renaming the eth0 to eth1 plus changing the mac address which
is fine but I'm wondering if there is a way that when the vm is installed,
has
network right away without the need for any extra configuration, the Centos
template that comes with the installation works beautiful and I'm just
wondering what's the trick ?

As always your help is appreciate it.

This is an awesome  list I've received so much help from everyone, thanks
in advance

Ivan