cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: new features
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2012 13:23:32 GMT
On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 8:34 AM, Giles Sirett <giles.sirett@shapeblue.com> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I’m preparing a workshop for the Collab conf end November and  I want to get a definitive
list of all  current open feature requests  for Cloudstack

> I go here
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator!executeAdvanced.jspa
>
> and search for
>
> project = CLOUDSTACK AND issuetype = "New Feature" ORDER BY priority DESC
>
> gives me 12 results
>
> Is that correct? – is that ALL open new feature requests ?
>
> Kind Regards
>
> Giles

Hey Giles,

I actually started a thread related to this on cloudstack-dev@i.a.o
recently, specifically focused on the feature release after
4.0.0-incubating.  We're trying to sort out (1) how we collect new
feature ideas, and (2) how we organize them into release activities as
I type this.  I do know that there are many ideas that have already
been proposed on the dev list that are not records in Jira yet.

If the user community (this list) is interested in driving a
discussion around what you would like the developers to work on, I
think that would be a great thing to do.  Keep in mind that the
developers will pick and choose what they are interested in working
on, but the more information we get from our users the better!

-chip