cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Trevor Francis <trevor.fran...@tgrahamcapital.com>
Subject Re: Xenserver Shared Public Network
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2012 13:33:53 GMT
So, I have effectively brought up my network with Xenserver. The VMs spin up fine, no issues
other than CPVM not allowing me to do a graphical install of Centos 6.3. For grins, I took
2 hosts and converted them to KVM. Setup the bonds exactly like Xenserver. The network storms
reappear.

This is an incredibly strange problem to have.

Trevor Francis
Partner
46 Labs | The PeerEdge Cloud
http://www.46labs.com | http://www.peeredge.net
405-362-0046 - Voice  | 405-410-4980 - Cell
trevorgfrancis - Skype
trevor@46labs.com

Solutions Provider for the Telecom Industry

On Nov 2, 2012, at 12:24 PM, Ahmad Emneina <Ahmad.Emneina@citrix.com> wrote:

> You might also want to hop on irc (irc.freenode.net)  in the #cloudstack
> channel, for some closer to 'real time' help.
>
> On 11/2/12 10:20 AM, "Ahmad Emneina" <Ahmad.Emneina@citrix.com> wrote:
>
>> Your public network comes in through the router, correct? If that’s the
>> case, make the switchport the router connects to an access port on vlan
>> 10. Then you can trunk 10 to the other ports, and use that vlan within
>> cloudstack to define and access the public network. I believe you will
>> also need to define your private network on the switch and have it route
>> traffic out through the router. I use poweredge 6200's they're different
>> to configure than the 5200 series.
>>

>> On 11/2/12 5:38 AM, "Trevor Francis" <trevor@46labs.com> wrote:
>>
>>> So, I have added vlan 10 to all the ports on the switch, including port 1
>>> which is connected to the router. Does the router need to be VLAN aware?
>>> If so, that might be a problem as it belongs to my ISP.
>>>
>>> Does anyone have experience with Dell  power edge switches as it pertains
>>> to a cloud stack setup?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Trevor Francis (mobile)

I have