cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Alex Huang <Alex.Hu...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Large Bandwidth
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2012 21:21:22 GMT
Trevor,

You should talk to XS about this.  CloudStack should be fine with this setup but you need
verification on XS about whether it can sustain and whether active/active is a supported bond.

--Alex

From: Trevor Francis [mailto:trevor.francis@tgrahamcapital.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2012 1:18 PM
To: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Large Bandwidth

I am considering deploying a high bandwidth (high pps) application over XS and cloudstack.
I am concerned with the hypervisor slowing down the connection. Each host will need to run
a minimum of 800Mbps of bandwidth at 500,000 pps. I was thinking of deploying XE with dual
GigE in active/active setup. Thoughts?

Should I deploy the application in Bare metal?

Trevor Francis
Partner
46 Labs | PeerEdge Cloud Switch (PeCS)
http://www.46labs.com | http://www.peeredge.net
720-214-3643- Voice
trevor@46labs.com<mailto:trevor@46labs.com>

Solutions Provider for the Telecom Industry

[cid:image001.jpg@01CDC1A1.927307C0] [cid:image002.jpg@01CDC1A1.927307C0]