cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Geoff Higginbottom <geoff.higginbot...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: How to create datadisk at the correct storage?
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2012 14:07:48 GMT
When you initially 'create' the data volume, it does not actually get created, you can see
this in the GUI as it has no Hypervisor type assigned to it.

Only when you assign it to a VM does it actually get created.  It will be created with the
correct format to match Hypervisor of the VM it is being assigned to, and placed on a Primary
Storage volume accessible by the Host running the VM.

Regards

Geoff

-----Original Message-----
From: 曹伟 [mailto:caow@travelsky.com]
Sent: 19 November 2012 14:01
To: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: How to create datadisk at the correct storage?

Hi all,

I want to create a datadisk in a cloudstack with a number of clusters, then attach it to a
specific VM. But I found that I can not ensure the datadisk be created at the same cluster
of the VM, so I may can not attach disk successfully.

So what can I do to ensure the datadisk created at the storage the same cluster as the VM?

Thanks!