cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Geoff Higginbottom <geoff.higginbot...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: Public Network and Shared Network Mode
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2012 21:36:11 GMT
You can use the API to deploy your Zone rather than rely on the wizard, then you can simply
leave out the Public Network elements.

As you already have it deployed, simply use the 'DeleteTrafficType' API command to remove
the Public network from the Physical Network it is assigned to

You will need to use the 'ListTrafficTypes' command to obtain the ID of the Public Network.

Regards

Geoff

-----Original Message-----
From: Musayev, Ilya [mailto:imusayev@webmd.net]
Sent: 14 November 2012 21:00
To: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Public Network and Shared Network Mode

Do I really need a Public Network if I'm using a shared network offering? Reason why I am
asking, is that public network is presented in Add Zone wizard when you choose Advanced Network
setup and there is no way to delete it.. (that I know off).

It would make sense to have Public Network when you use Isolated mode (like AWS), but since
I'm using shared - I see no point. Plus, once I got my Advanced Network Mode to function as
expected, I don't see CS allocating any Public IP addresses, only Guest..

Please confirm,

Thanks