cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Ian Jacobs <ijac...@csusb.edu>
Subject RE: First time Cloudstack 4 installation admin login/password incorrect. Installation Document question.
Date Thu, 22 Nov 2012 00:44:40 GMT
I can try, but I am new in this area.  My way of doing the installation may be off.  But here
are some of my notes.

4.4.1. DEB package repository
Use your preferred editor and open (or create) /etc/apt/sources.list.d/cloudstack. Add the
community provided repository to the file:

I had issues with this .
What seemed to work was
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/sources.list

4.5.3.1. Downloading vhd-util
 Before setting up the Management Server, download vhd-util from vhd-util
 If the Management Server is RHEL or CentOS, copy vhd-util to /usr/lib64/cloud/common/scripts/vm/hypervisor/xenserver.

If the Management Server is Ubuntu, copy vhd-util to /usr/lib/cloud/common/scripts/vm/hypervisor/xenserver/vhd-util.

For me( I did not install the Gui apps for Linux)
It is helpful to
1.  Know I had to create the above path structure,  in my case in Ubuntu.
2. use  Wget http://download.cloud.com.s3.amazonaws.com/tools/vhd-util to get this util into
current folder.

4.5.5.2. Using the Management Server As the NFS Server
My installation of Ubuntu was bare min.
Section 3
So when I tried, exportfs -a ,  I had issues.  Not installed.  Not sure if this would need
documented.
sudo apt-get update  (just in case)
sudo apt-get install nfs-kernel-server nfs-common portmap
Over wrote exports files so I  needed to re-edit for NFS exports.

Section 4 RHEL (current)
Edit the /etc/sysconfig/nfs file.
# vi /etc/sysconfig/nfs

Section 4 Ubuntu  (missing section)
Vi /etc/default/nfs-kernel-server

Section 5  RHEL (Current)
Edit the /etc/sysconfig/iptables file.
# vi /etc/sysconfig/iptables
 Add the following lines at the beginning of the INPUT chain where <NETWORK> is the
network that you'll be using:
-A INPUT -s <NETWORK> -m state --state NEW -p udp --dport 111 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s <NETWORK> -m state --state NEW -p tcp --dport 111 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s <NETWORK> -m state --state NEW -p tcp --dport 2049 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s <NETWORK> -m state --state NEW -p tcp --dport 32803 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s <NETWORK> -m state --state NEW -p udp --dport 32769 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s <NETWORK> -m state --state NEW -p tcp --dport 892 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s <NETWORK> -m state --state NEW -p udp --dport 892 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s <NETWORK> -m state --state NEW -p tcp --dport 875 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s <NETWORK> -m state --state NEW -p udp --dport 875 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s <NETWORK> -m state --state NEW -p tcp --dport 662 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s <NETWORK> -m state --state NEW -p udp --dport 662 -j ACCEPT

 Section 6 RHEL (current)
 Run the following commands:
# service iptables restart
# service iptables save

Section 5  Ubuntu  (possible missing section)
I found it easier to use iptables this way. I did not use the -s <NETWORK>.  My knowledge
to weak in this area.
iptables -A INPUT -m state --state NEW -p udp --dport 111 -j ACCEPT
For each line below I typed this in with iptables in front and without the <network>
part

[...]

Then used iptables -L to list the current iptables settings.
Iptables forgets its settings on a reboot.
iptables-save > /etc/network/iptables.up.rules
modified the /etc/network/interfaces
   iface lo inet loopback
     Added this line --       pre-up iptables-restore < /etc/network/iptables.up.rules
I referenced this document.
http://www.linode.com/wiki/index.php/Configuring_IPtables_on_ubuntu_server

 Section 6 Ubuntu
Below not needed in Ubuntu with above installation.
 Run the following commands:
#  service iptables restart
# service iptables save

This was some of my issues.  My system not fully functional, so my suggestion my wrong.

Ian Jacobs