cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Nitin Mehta <Nitin.Me...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: spending 8hrs a day to practice cloud stack!!
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2012 12:48:30 GMT

On 28-Nov-2012, at 3:33 PM, Marc Cirauqui wrote:

> hi,
>
> -f switch is to clear previous system templates for selected hypervisor (I
> think). You can download the systemvm image and serve it from a webserver
> in your LAN.
>
> thx

Marc - There are 2 options  -  small case f which means the system vm template file and  upper
case F which is for clearing the system vm template. So the user can keep a local copy of
system vm template and pass that file path in the script without wasting time on downloading
it every time.

Usage: cloud-install-sys-tmplt: -m <secondary storage mount point> -f <system vm
template file> [-h <hypervisor name: kvm|vmware|xenserver> ] [ -s <mgmt server
secret key, if you specified any when running cloud-setup-database, default is password>][-u
<Url to system vm template>] [-F <clean up system templates of specified hypervisor>]
[-e <Template suffix, e.g vhd, ova, qcow2>] [-o <Database server hostname or ip,
e.g localhost>] [-r <Database user name, e.g root>] [-d <Database password. Fllowed
by nothing if the password is empty>]
or
cloud-install-sys-tmplt: -m <secondary storage mount point> -u <http url for system
vm template> [-h <hypervisor name: kvm|vmware|xenserver> ] [ -s <mgmt server secret
key>]