cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From "Boylan, James" <JAMES.BOY...@orbitz.com>
Subject RE: ICMP traffic will not traverse
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2012 16:57:16 GMT
This is a normal behavior for VMs within an isolated basic network. They don't pass any traffic
except port 22 for SSH and that only works if the egress rules are in place.

--James

From: Michael Hart-Jones [mailto:mhartjones@accessit.co.uk]
Sent: Monday, November 26, 2012 10:50 AM
To: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: ICMP traffic will not traverse

I am having an issue with my servers.  The setup is as follows

Management Server, Host1 and Host2
Centos 6.2
Cloudstack 3.0.2

The server was setup by a collegue who has left since but I have noticed that we do not have
the ability to send ICMP traffic to our virtualised hosts, prime example being ping.
I can see he has setup basic networking, and I do not have the time to try and change this
over.  I have tried to setup the security policies to allow it but I cannot get any response.
 Has anyone got any ideas where I should start looking?

---
Michael Hart-Jones BEng

[cid:image001.png@01CDCBC4.CC5A2220]

E-Mail: mhartjones@accessit.co.uk<mailto:mhartjones@accessit.co.uk>

Tel: (01227) 750555

Fax: (01227) 750070

[cid:image002.png@01CDCBC4.CC5A2220]

Disclaimer: This message may only be read in context and with common sense.
If concerned by it or in doubt, please destroy it. If this message is not meant for you,
we have made a mistake and would appreciate your help. We promise that we mean
no offence and will endeavour to rectify our mistake.

Our full contact details can be found on www.accessit.co.uk<http://www.accessit.co.uk>

Company number: 3117204