cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Rajesh Battala <rajesh.batt...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: How to create VM in a specific cluster
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2012 14:31:27 GMT
Hi Arnaud,

Use the tags feature in the cloudstack. It will help to place the VM in the desired location
, host.

Create the host tag where you want to be running, while deploying the VM provide the host
tag and CS will deploy the instance on the host with the tag specified.

Thanks
Rajesh Battala

-----Original Message-----
From: Arnaud Gaillard [mailto:arnaud.gaillard@xtendsys.net]
Sent: Friday, November 09, 2012 7:26 PM
To: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: How to create VM in a specific cluster

Hello,

Just a quick question (Cloudstack 3.0.2), what is the best way to create a VM in a specific
cluster inside of a pod? For licensing reason we have to attach VM to a subset of servers
that we grouped in a specific cluster, but currently we don't find a method to deploy a VM
on this cluster (we tried host tag, but it doesn't seems to be taken into account).

What would be the best way to procede?

Thanks!