cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Donal Lafferty <donal.laffe...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Create instance
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2012 10:05:58 GMT
Is cluster.cpu.allocated.capacity.disablethreshold calculated using current Host usage states
or the service offering of the deployed VMs?

-----Original Message-----
From: Marc Cirauqui [mailto:mcirauqui@gmail.com]
Sent: 27 November 2012 7:49 AM
To: cloudstack-users
Subject: Re: Create instance

Hello,

cpu.overprovisioning.factor is a multiplier on your actual CPU capacity.
Say you have 4 physical cores at 2 GHz each, you have a total capacity of 8 GHz. An overprovisioning
factor of 2 will make cloudstack to count as if there were 16 GHz and allocate up to that.

cluster.cpu.allocated.capacity.disablethreshold is the maximum capacity you want to allocate.
Based on the above example, you can set it to stop allocating vms once you've reach 90% capacity
(over overprovisioned cpu, this is th 16 GHz).

thx