cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From "Kristoffer Sheather - Cloud Central" <kristoffer.sheat...@cloudcentral.com.au>
Subject Re: Move Web UI client from /client to /
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2012 05:29:18 GMT
I have a HAproxy load balancer sitting in front of the management server performing load balancing
and SSL termination.  Not keen on having HAproxy re-write the URL's.

 From: "Rohit Yadav" <rohit.yadav@citrix.com>
Sent: Friday, November 02, 2012 4:27 PM
To: "cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org" <cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org>,
"kris@cloudcentral.com.au" <kris@cloudcentral.com.au>
Subject: Re: Move Web UI client from /client to /

I don't think this should part of CloudStack. A good solution would be to use nginx (or any
lb, anything else) as a gateway so it proxies requests on your <cloudplatform URL>/
to your <cloudplatform mgmt1 URL>/client,  <cloudplatform mgmt2 URL>/client, .
 <cloudplatform mgmtn URL>/client (so if in future you can horizontally scale CloudStack
management server without having to direct user to nth mgmt server).

Hope this helps.

--
Rohit