cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From "Fuchs, Andreas (SwissTXT)" <Andreas.Fu...@swisstxt.ch>
Subject RE: Users of type 'User' and 'Domain-Admin' cannot update their own passwords / account details / create sub-domains
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2012 08:26:38 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Alena Prokharchyk [mailto:Alena.Prokharchyk@citrix.com]
Sent: Mittwoch, 31. Oktober 2012 23:01
To: kris@cloudcentral.com.au
Cc: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Users of type 'User' and 'Domain-Admin' cannot update their own passwords / account
details / create sub-domains

Kristoffer,

Sure, whatever you suggest, makes sense. Please file an enhancement request against cloudStack.

-Alena.

From: Kristoffer Sheather - Cloud Central <kristoffer.sheather@cloudcentral.com.au<mailto:kristoffer.sheather@cloudcentral.com.au>>
To: Alena Prokharchyk <alena.prokharchyk@citrix.com<mailto:alena.prokharchyk@citrix.com>>
Cc: "'cloudstack-users@incubator. org'" <cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org<mailto:cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org>>
details / create sub-domains

So how does a user reset their own password?  We need to enable users to reset their own passwords
without our involvement.

Consider the service provider use case, we need to delegate things like resetting user passwords
to the account holders themselves.

We also need to allow Domain-Admin's to be able to create additional accounts and sub-domains
within their domain.  This caters for the 'multi-level' reseller use case.