cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Giles Sirett <giles.sir...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: new features
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2012 13:50:58 GMT
Thanks Chip
Agreed: I think it is absolutely essential that the USERS  of Cloudstack help drive the new
features and roadmap of the product. We are the people at the "coalface", we are the people
who hear feedback from our businesses & customers on a daily basis

As an example, I saw a mail (yesterday?) about the lack of password reset. To many in this
community, that is probably a trivial issue. However, I can tell everybody that it is the
number 1 feature complaint I get from Cloudstack customers. In the real world, it just isn't
sensible to deploy a user facing GUI if users cannot reset their own passwords. Features like
this may not be as high profile and interesting as others, but they are things that make a
difference when people decide whether to use CS or not

What you suggest is exactly what I intend doing.... my session at Collab is called " Feedback
from the coalface: what our customers are asking for". I intend to make it an interactive
discussion/workshop for people to bring in their ideas of great new features. If we get enough
ideas, we may even have a vote on preferences and priorities.
Although that workshop wouldn't be a formal Apache workshop, I would like to think that we
can bring those ideas into the community for consideration afterwards.

In advance of this session, what I'm trying to do is take stock of what is already  requested
and/or planned. And so far (from my previous) I see only 12 open requests.

Thinking about it, if anybody has any good ideas for feature requests, it would be great if
you're able to share them on this list (or PM me if you prefer)  - I can then feed those ideas
into the session at Collab.
Also thinking about it Chip : do you want to help me run that session ? :-)