cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@citrix.com>
Subject [EVENT] CloudStack Hyd Meetup: A brief log, pics and keynotes
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2012 14:37:22 GMT
Hello everyone,

We had our first official meetup in Hyderabad yesterday, 1 Nov 2012, at Lemon Tree, Hyderabad.
We had a small keynote on CloudStack with the local Hadoop User Group a month ago on CloudStack
(http://people.apache.org/~bhaisaab/meetups/sep-2012/), but this time it was totally focussed
on CloudStack.

The meetup keynotes started at 5PM and ended at 7:20PM, followed by about an hour of networking
and discussions, and t-shirts for everyone. It was attended by 134 people and organised by
7 people including Nitin, Kishan, Prasanna, Bidisha, Sadhu, Praveen, Hari P.

We started by welcoming the attendees and showing them an introductory video about Apache
CloudStack (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ4b8HFmFTc&feature=plcp) and did a poll to
find out that all of them have heard of cloud computing, most of them use or are going to
use cloud or are excited to learn about it. Most of the crowd rated themselves as users, some
managers and some engineers. Most of them use open source technologies on daily basis and
there were few who contribute to open source.

Kevin Kluge spoke on building your own IaaS cloud with Apache CloudStack and gave a small
demo on same; followed by a brief keynote by Prasanna on ASF and the community participation;
followed by the last presentation by Chirag Jog on migrating applications to the IaaS clouds
which had some good use cases and interesting examples.

We would like to thank all our speakers, attendees, and organizers who made the event a success.

All the presentations and photos are downloadable from the following:
http://people.apache.org/~bhaisaab/meetups/nov-2012

Or, select photos here: https://plus.google.com/photos/105500838080334630026/albums/5806205455776858881
kishan@apache.org<mailto:kishan@apache.org> will upload the video and share the link
soon.

Please feel free to comment, share your thoughts, suggestions and blog. Thanks.

Regards,
Rohit Yadav
PS. We've to do better camera work next time