cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Johann Hoehn <johann.ho...@ecommerce.com>
Subject Network Usage
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2012 20:34:11 GMT
Hi,

I'm interested in how network usage is obtained by CloudStack.  I've
been unable to find much documentation on the matter.  From research the
method used for basic and advanced zone is different.

For basic it appears to be with sFlow and using the API calls of
addTrafficMonitor, deleteTrafficMonitor, listTrafficMonitor.  There
doesn't appear to be an UI element for this and it must be used via
API.  Is there a suggested open/free implementation that I could setup
for test purposes?

For advanced, it seems to be from the virtual router and iptables
NETWORK_STATS.  However, in my advanced zone, I am not seeing those
counters rise.  I've found even less documentation on this side.  I may
of mis-configured things, but I have no documentation to verify against.

Can anyone point me to a document that describes the process for both zones?

Thanks.

--johann