cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Nik Martin <nik.mar...@nfinausa.com>
Subject recovering VMs in a cluster
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2012 16:19:20 GMT
Hello,

I upgraded the nics in my HVs to 10g, and this required a reinstall of
Xenserver, which had the trickle down effect of trashing my cluster. I
can't launch SSVMs until I delete and re-add the cluster, which will
re-initialize all primary storage as well. Will snapshots I've taken be
restor-able in a new cluster? I cant even convert the snapshots to
templates, since I cant launch an SSVM.  All the volumes I want to
restore appear to be saved as snapshots, but I don't think those
snapshots are any good without the original volume.

What options do I have before deleting my primary storage in the process
of re-creating the cluster?  Since I don't have an SSVM, I'm not sure
what I can do.  Even if I could mount the volumes and just rsync the
data off, that would be "good enough".

Nik