cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Mike Simos <michael.si...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: alter resolv.conf nameservers on linux
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2012 23:28:14 GMT
You can accomplish this in one of two ways:

1) All operating systems allow you to set your DHCP client to not set
the DNS provided by the DHCP server. So as part of your template, you
set your DNS servers manually. Then every new VM you create has the
nameserver set as you want them.

2) This was documented some where but maybe it was 'too dangerous' as it
seems to be removed. But if you modify
/usr/lib64/cloud/agent/vms/systemvm.iso on the management server, you
can change the dnsmasq.conf file. But you also need to change
systemvm.iso on every hypervisor as well. Take a look at
cloud-scripts.tgz inside the iso. I believe these files get extracted
when the router is created.

Mike

On 11/07/2012 03:06 PM, Caleb Call wrote:
> Good question, I've been meaning to ask this same thing and keep forgetting to.  I think
I've read that you have to edit the config on the router vm, but that doesn't persist a reboot
of the router vm.  Is there a better way to do this?