cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Kirk Kosinski <kirkkosin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cloudstack on current network infrastructure
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2012 04:17:00 GMT
Hi, Ivan.  Option one is possible with an advanced zone.  The automatic
assignment of VLANs is only for "isolated" networks, so use "shared"
networks instead.  Create a shared network in CloudStack with the
desired VLAN and IP ranges, then use CloudStack to deploy VMs to this
network.

Shared networks are created under Infrastructure > Zone (select the
zone) > Physical Network (select the physical network) > Guest (click
Configure) > Network tab > Add guest network.  You can select an
existing shared network to add additional IP ranges.  The dialog looks
like this in the CS 3.0.2 UI:

http://i47.tinypic.com/2ylpiy0.png

Best regards,
Kirk