cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Trevor Francis <trevor.fran...@tgrahamcapital.com>
Subject Re: CS 4 Centos 6.3 Install
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2012 13:59:06 GMT
It defaults to the text mode and doesnt even give me the option to do traditional install.

Also,

When I attempt to reboot a VM in Cloudstack, I am getting:

File "/usr/bin/pygrub", line 808, in ? - fs = fsimage.open(file, part_offs[0], bootfsoptions)
IOError: [Errno 95] Operation not supported

Trevor Francis
Partner
46 Labs | The PeerEdge Cloud
http://www.46labs.com | http://www.peeredge.net
405-362-0046 - Voice  | 405-410-4980 - Cell
trevorgfrancis - Skype
trevor@46labs.com

Solutions Provider for the Telecom Industry

On Nov 5, 2012, at 7:46 AM, Rajesh Battala <rajesh.battala@citrix.com> wrote:

> Hi Francis,
>
> If XS is doing well then it’s the same CS console will be streamed to the user.
> Is the default install after the timeout of selecting the option in ISO you were using
is “text” mode?
> Once you create a VM from ISO and VM starts running, quickly open the console view of
the VM, it will show you the console as same as of console from the Xen Center.
> AFAIK, CS console won’t install the OS in text mode
>
> Thanks
> Rajesh Battala

it CS console view are you talking about?

> Thanks
> Rajesh Battala

but I am unable to complete an ISO install of Centos 6.3 on a guest machine. This is because
the console automatically defaults to a text install of Centos, and not a graphical install.
I am running on XS 6.02 hosts with all the latest hotfixes.

> Previously I was able to do graphical installs on CS 3.0.2 on a KVM HV, but am unable
to do it now. It is important to have the GUI install, as it is the only way to manually partition
drives in the install.