cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From "Kristoffer Sheather - Cloud Central" <kristoffer.sheat...@cloudcentral.com.au>
Subject RE: Users of type 'User' and 'Domain-Admin' cannot update their own passwords / account details / create sub-domains
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2012 09:23:15 GMT
Yes, the API keys issue is another issue that I've noticed.

It seems like basic functionality and I'm quite surprised it hasn't been
addressed yet.  Let's hope it's addressed in the next release.

 From: "Fuchs, Andreas (SwissTXT)" <Andreas.Fuchs@swisstxt.ch>
Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2012 7:51 PM
To: "cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org"
<cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org>, "kris@cloudcentral.com.au"
<kris@cloudcentral.com.au>
Subject: RE: Users of type 'User' and 'Domain-Admin' cannot update their
own passwords / account details / create sub-domains

Hi Kristoffer

We suffer the same issues, opened a feature request a while ago. So please
open one too maybe it helps if there are more people requesting those
features.
A half a year ago there was talking about a proper RBAC system but so far
nothing happened on this topic.
There are more issues: a normal user can also not create his key and
secret, also here the root admin has to do it.

For the password issue our workaround was to use LDAP as authentication
backend with a system where the user has access to the LDAP to change his
password. But be prepared to fight other CS issues to get the LDAP backend
working (at least in 3.0.4, we had to change md5HashedLogin to false in
sharedFunctions.js, the config can only be done over the API and is not
reflected in global settings, there is no fallback or mixed authentication
possible from LDAP to local auth).

Regards
Andi