cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Caleb Call <calebc...@me.com>
Subject Re: alter resolv.conf nameservers on linux
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2012 23:27:50 GMT
Well, I currently maintain this via a cfengine policy right now, but it would be nice if it
didn't have to be "fixed" every time a VM is restarted.  Good to hear this is coming in a
future release.

On Nov 7, 2012, at 4:12 PM, Alex Huang <Alex.Huang@citrix.com> wrote:

> In 4.0, what I would do is this.
>
> - Write a plugin.
> - Listen to vm start events.
> - On router vm start, ssh into the router vm and change the resolv.conf
>
> In the next release, Murali have added proper external event system then you don't even
need to do this via a plugin.

> --Alex

I've read that you have to edit the config on the router vm, but that doesn't persist a reboot
of the router vm.  Is there a better way to do this?