cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From <rdartigues....@orange.com>
Subject register two local LVM storage in cloudstack
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2012 10:27:35 GMT
Hi all,

We have two different local storage (one is presumably faster) on LVM; and we want to be able
to select which one to use through the storage tags.

Unfortunately cloudstack recognize only one of the two automatically, so i tried to configure
the second one in cloudstack (Infrastructure > Primary Storage > Add Primary Storage
> Protocol: PreSetup, SR Name-Label: UID tagged in the name-label); it seems to work as
the newly configured primary storage show the size of the disk.

However selection of this storage through the tags is not working:
  LocalStoragePoolAllocator trying to find storage pool to fit the vm
  Looking for pools in dc: 3  pod:3  cluster:1 having tags:[LVM]
  FirstFitStoragePoolAllocator has 1 pools to check for allocation
  Checking if storage pool is suitable, name: hote02.example.net Local Storage ,poolId: 204
  Is localStorageAllocationNeeded? true
  Is storage pool shared? true
  StoragePool is not of correct type, skipping this pool
  FirstFitStoragePoolAllocator returning 0 suitable storage pools
  LocalStoragePoolAllocator returning 0 suitable storage pools
  Unable to find storage pool to fit the vm

Is the PreSetup storage implicitly shared?
Is there a way to reach my goals?

Thank you in advance,
Romain.

et ne doivent donc
erreur, veuillez le signaler
susceptibles d'alteration,
France Telecom - Orange decline toute responsabilite si ce message a ete altere, deforme ou
falsifie. Merci.

be protected by law;
and its attachments.
As emails may be altered, France Telecom - Orange is not liable for messages that have been
modified, changed or falsified.
Thank you.