cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From "Musayev, Ilya" <imusa...@webmd.net>
Subject RE: Hybrid Basic/Advanced Zone
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2012 16:33:09 GMT
What's wrong with using advanced network? Why cheat the system if there is a clear path?
Johann Hoehn <johann.hoehn@ecommerce.com> wrote:
Hi,

Is there a way to get a hybrid basic/advanced zone?  I like all of the
features of the basic zone except that you can not set vlans. Instead of
having to make these adjustments behind CloudStack's back, I would like
it to be aware of them.

It seems to have partial support.  If you drag the storage network in a
basic zone, then it lets you set a vlan for it.  Why can't I set a vlan
for the other networks in a basic zone?

What conditions would cause CloudStack to reconfigure it's networks and
remove vlan settings that are done without it's knowledge?

Thanks.

--johann