cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Trevor Francis <trevor.fran...@tgrahamcapital.com>
Subject Public Network Slow
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2012 15:57:39 GMT
I have CS4 running with XS 6.02 hosts.

I am running advanced network with network throttling setting set to 2000mb/sec for network
and 1000mb/sec for guests.

When I do a yum update, from the Cloudstack box (physical machine), which is on the same VLAN
as my public network I get a very fast yum update. When I perform the exactly same update
from any guest VM running the same OS, I get horribly slow download speeds...near 50k/sec
on a 10mb network connection.

I have 2 guest networks, (private and public). One is a default Isolated network and the other
is a shared network (which allows me to direct assign public IPs to the guests)

Any thoughts?

Trevor Francis
Partner
46 Labs | The PeerEdge Cloud
http://www.46labs.com | http://www.peeredge.net
405-362-0046 - Voice  | 405-410-4980 - Cell
trevorgfrancis - Skype
trevor@46labs.com

Solutions Provider for the Telecom Industry