cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Centos 6.3 new install sql connection issue
Date Sun, 25 Nov 2012 02:50:36 GMT
No, you run cloud-setup-management only once after deploying or setting up the database.
Looking at your logs, are you running your mgmt server and mysql server on the same server,
 192.168.2.220?

In case, checklist:
0. You deployed database using correct IP, username and password.
1. Are you able to reach the mysql server and it is running either on localhost or the correct
host IP.
2. MySql server is running on its default port, 3306, if not make sure you specify custom
port while setting up database see 3. Also, the port is not blocked, check iptables.
3. You have used correct CloudStack deployment procedure:

a. Change (append or search and update) the following values in /etc/my.cnf or /etc/mysql/my.cnf:
innodb_rollback_on_timeout=1
innodb_lock_wait_timeout=600
max_connections=350
log-bin=mysql-bin
binlog-format = 'ROW'

b. Deploy database: (localhost or custom IP or resolvable domain)
cloud-setup-databases cloud:<dbpassword>@localhost --deploy-as=root:<password>

c.Finally setup CloudStack, the following configures CloudStack mgmt server with appropriate
settings:
cloud-setup-management

4. Set SELinux to permissive:
setenforce permissive

5. You're using MySQL server 5.1.58 or above.

Hope this helps.