cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: How to create VM in a specific cluster
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2012 14:47:53 GMT
The root domain admin can specify hostid while deploying a vm:
http://incubator.apache.org/cloudstack/docs/api/apidocs-4.0.0/root_admin/deployVirtualMachine.html
In your case, this can be a host inside the target cluster.
Regards.
From: Arnaud Gaillard [arnaud.gaillard@xtendsys.net]
Sent: Friday, November 09, 2012 7:26 PM
To: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: How to create VM in a specific cluster

Hello,

Just a quick question (Cloudstack 3.0.2), what is the best way to create a
VM in a specific cluster inside of a pod? For licensing reason we have to
attach VM to a subset of servers that we grouped in a specific cluster, but
currently we don't find a method to deploy a VM on this cluster (we tried
host tag, but it doesn't seems to be taken into account).

What would be the best way to procede?

Thanks!